Dayton, Ohio 45402
Old Court House
Completed in 1850, Dayton’s Old Court House is considered one of the finest examples of Greek-Revival architecture in the nation. U.S. Presidents Abraham Lincoln, Andrew Johnson, James Garfield, John F. Kennedy, Lyndon B. Johnson, Richard M. Nixon, Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, and William J. Clinton have all campaigned on the building’s storied limestone steps.
During the Civil War, the Dayton community gathered at the Old Court House for telegraph updates. Following the Great 1913 Flood, giant banners were strung from its historic eves, encouraging area citizens to donate to flood relief programs (thereby creating the Miami Conservancy District). And during World War II, the building became a backdrop for bond drives.
Private Event Rental Information:
The Old Court House is open for event rental year-round! Please contact the Carillon Historical Park Facilities Rental Department at (937) 293-2841 Ext. 106 or firstname.lastname@example.org.