Frequently Asked Questions
Dayton History’s Approved Catering List 2020-2021
- Elite Catering: Elite’s motto is “We are only as good as our last event!” which translates into a team of ambitious professionals driven to out-do themselves. Elite Catering is known for providing “restaurant-quality food at a catered event.” Their cuisine is a spin on the traditional, blending the innovations of the west coast with the familiar foods that the Miami Valley desires. Elite’s buffet and food presentation is unmatched in the Dayton area, and they maintain a vast inventory of décor and unique props to create memorable presentations and interactive food stations. They design around each client to bring a touch of their personality of theme into the presentation or event.
- Kohler Catering: Kohler Catering is one of the premier catering firms in the entire Dayton area, and they are the preferred caterers at many off-premise venues. With over 40 years of experience in the business and the highest standards of excellence for every event, they can provide you menu choices for every budget and every occasion. They use the finest quality ingredients, offer creative
presentation, and deliver impeccable service. Kohler Catering receives rave reviews for their signature presentations and cuisine that exceed guests’ expectations. Whatever your occasion may be, their staff will help you have a very successful party and help you stay within a budget.
- Christopher’s Restaurant and Catering: For more than two decades, Christopher’s Restaurant has been a Miami Valley dining mainstay, providing both traditional and innovative fare at reasonable prices. From classic American staples to world fusion and authentic ethnic dishes, the eclectic menu at Christopher’s is designed to accommodate any palate, dietary preference, or budget. Christopher’s is pleased to offer naturally raised beef, organic salmon, local free-range eggs, fair trade organic coffee and teas, and numerous vegetarian and vegan options. Christopher’s catering staff has earned a reputation for providing exceptional food and service, custom-tailored to meet the demands or limitations of any event budget.
Steve Baker 937.299.0089
- Bernstein’s Fine Catering: With over 28 years of business, Bernstein’s Fine Catering is devoted to consistently providing and enhancing the total catering experience with exceptional food, outstanding service, and superb value. From box lunches to white-glove service, Bernstein’s Fine Catering can provide for all your catering desires and requirements. They also offer specialized menus such as gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan or Kosher requests. They estimate that they handle more than 90 percent of all Dayton-area kosher catering requests — both corporate and social. Bernstein’s shops for ingredients locally as much as possible, and also has a pastry chef on staff to offer wedding cakes and baked goods. They view each event as a unique experience, so every menu and detail is personalized.
Lauren Baumgarten 937.898.2761
- Amar India Restaurant and Catering:
Amar India has catered all over the state of Ohio and even to parts of Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, and West Virginia. However, Dayton has been our main customer to whom we have been serving for over 29 years. We have been the leading Indian cuisine caterers since we opened and continually win the “Best Indian Restaurant” in Dayton year after year. We can accommodate specific requests and are more than happy to serve any amount of people you may like. Our food is unlike anything you have ever experienced before and our service is top-notch. Anything you need, we will get it done for you! Contact: Surjit Singh Mattu 937.439.9005
- Eichelberger Pavilion – 500 guests
- James F. Dicke Family Transportation Center – 120 guests
- Kettering Family Education Center Atrium – 130 guests
- Deeds Carillon – vast outdoor space – 150 guests
- Carillon Event Lawn – vast outdoor space
- Miller Picnic Pavilion – 40 guests
- Whitney Picnic Pavilion – 80 guests
- Memorial Hall – 250 guests
- Old Court House – 100 guests
- Patterson Homestead – 80 guests
- Hawthorn Hill – 50 guests