The largest carillon in Ohio was built at the request of Colonel and Mrs. Edward Deeds. Completed in 1942, the 151-foot tower houses 57 bells. Upon its completion, the first concert was played by Mrs. Deed’s herself on Easter Sunday of that same year. The carillon was refurbished in 1988, converting it from an electrically controlled carillon to a traditional, mechanical one.